Monday, December 8, 2008

Best Friends Forever

Ah, Best Friends Forever. I saw them play at the Whitson's Memorial Greeting Hall in the Student Center at Purchase with my friends No One and the Somebodies.

I had no real expectations since I didn't even really know the show was going on until someone called me to let me know NOATS was around. I remember being at a Japanther show about three years ago and someone was wearing one of their t-shirts and the name stuck in my head. I also heard some rumblings about them on the Internet somewhere (probably the K Records message board...) and that they were supposed to be really good.

I was actually somehow not that into the show as my friends had been, but I think I was in a bad mood. The girl who's setting up shows this year arranged for everyone to make friendship bracelets for each other during BFF's set and I, anti-social and angry bum that I can be sometimes (not always), got the fuck out of there.

However, their CDs were five bucks (thanks you, Plan-It-X!) and they seemed charming (also the bass player is really cute and I wanted to talk to her (I didn't get to)), so I bought both of them.

The CDs are pretty incredible. I prefer the first one (Best Friends Forever), I think, a compilation of seven inches and EPs and I think compilation tracks from 2003-2008. The second one (Romance Conflict Adventure) is also great. I recommend checking out all the songs on their Myspace.

Here's them doing a song whose name I forget:

No comments: