Monday, December 22, 2008

caUSE co-MOTION

caUSE co-MOTION is a band I've heard a lot about, but have heard little by ("Which Way Is Up?," "Only Fades Away" and maybe a couple others). They have 7" singles but I've been living off student loans since I started college and am almost perpetually broke or speedily approaching it.

They are "garage-y." They're another great indie pop band from NYC. They're fun. Also, their songs are short, which I love. Super pop packed into one to two minutes of frenetic happiness.

There's MP3s on their website, including the aforementioned "Which Way Is Up?" which is really great. I have not had the good fortune to see them play live yet, but look forward to that opportunity coming to me EVENTUALLY.

They have a singles compilation on Slumberland Records, collecting various records on labels like What's Yr Rupture? and some stuff I've never heard of before. They're also on a bunch of compilations with other bands, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

Here's them doing "Who's Gonna Care?" at Death By Audio a little of a year ago:

No comments: