Monday, December 1, 2008

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

People talk about this band quite a bit right now, it seems to me, so I'm behind on this one. Also, I'm not very good at coming up with things to say, so this is probably going to seem awkwardly blunt.

This is yet another article on a music blog about the Pains of Being Pure at Heart. An indie pop band from NYC who probably remind me of My Bloody Valentine the most (pre-Loveless, most especially EPs like Ecstasy or Sunny Sundae Smile) with their heavy distorted guitars and catchy melodies sung with the enthusiasm of a little kid who just got out of school for the summer and is also in love (but they also have this deep-but-not-too-deep atmospheric sound that goes really well with walking around metropolis in the cold winter).

This is my favorite kind of band, which is the kind that lets me jump up and down over and over again, singing along out loud. My favorite songs? Probably: "Doing All The Things That Wouldn't Make Your Parents Proud," "Everything With You," and "Young Adult Friction."

"Everything With You" is available for download on their Myspace page, along with "Come Saturday," another great one (all of them are great ones). They currently have an EP and three singles and I believe an LP is expected in early 2009 on the ineffable Slumberland Records (can't wait).

Here's them doing "This Love Is Fucking Right":

No comments: